First Church of Christ, Scientist Bellaire
Precious small mid-century buildings like this one are rare and rarer in Bellaire. This simple brick and A-frame building is one that the people of Bellaire should cherish.
In 1953, the property was purchased in the 4500 block of Bellaire Boulevard. The members of First Church of Christ, Scientist, Bellaire commissioned Robert Husmann for a new church edifice in 1962.
The church contains an auditorium, Sunday School, nursery, clerk`s office, Reading Room, and individual rooms for the Readers and musicians. The laying of the cornerstone took place in January, 1963.
Opening services in the church auditorium were held April 21, 1963.
Thanks to Jon Teas for this information. The landscaping of the property has been done over the years by Teas Nursery Company, Inc.