Hamilton Brown, FAIA was born in Alameda, California in 1908. He studied at the University of California at Berkeley and received a BS in Architecture from MIT in 1932. By 1937, Brown had established himself as an architect in Houston and became well known for his modernistic style. His many projects include: First Christian Church, the Medical Center National Bank, Adams Petroleum Center, the Elizabeth L. Ring Library, and numerous HISD elementary schools and City of Houston Fire Station No. 27. Hamilton Brown was active in community affairs, including the Arts Council of Harris County and the Houston Ballet Foundation. He was a leader in the preservation and development of Old Market Square and Allen’s Landing. He was also the father of the late architect and Houston City Councilman, Peter Brown.