Buffalo Inn Hotel
Architect Allen Williams updated the Buffalo Inn Hotel in the mid 1950`s by adding a nifty two-story masonry signature wall and connecting other buildings with walls and canopies. The canopy closest to the pool was used as a sun deck. Note the abstract buffalo logo Williams designed. It was based on Indian drawings and incorporated into the stone building facade. The image is also used as an iron sculpture, lit by a `fountain of colored lights`, located close to the road. By 1969 the inn had been renamed the King Motor Lodge. In 2002, Harris County purchased the property for use as a parking area for the Astrodome.